Our program also offers a new 3rd-year Fellowship Year where graduated students can dive deeper into their long-term career goals!
Starting in the fall of 2023, AbleLight College will offer a Fellowship Year for students who have successfully completed and obtained the Certificate of Applied Learning from our existing two-year program. This opportunity will allow students to maximize their experience at AbleLight College and better prepare for the future.
In the Fellowship Year, students will:
- Engage in next-level internships that align with long-term career goals
- Work with an advisor to create an independent study course unique to their needs
- Audit 1-4 Concordia University classes per semester to continue individual and education career goals
- Participate in varied simulations of real-life situations to enhance problem solving and planning
- Continue to live in residence halls on campus and receive support with daily living skills
Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) will be determined by the same standards as internships and class courses. In addition, progress will be determined by a student’s ability to demonstrate proficiency in real-life situations for each of the 21st Century Skills.